The World Wind Energy Association
WWEA is an international non-profit association embracing the wind sector worldwide, with more than 600 members in more than 100 countries. WWEA works for the promotion and worldwide deployment of wind energy technology.
– WWEA provides a platform for the communication of all wind energy actors worldwide.
– WWEA advises and influences national governments and international organisations.
– WWEA enhances international technology transfer.
Visit the main WWEA website
WWEA Small Wind
The WWEA Small Wind Section is entirely focussed on small wind and aims to provide the most comprehensive and the most useful database of small wind manufactures, and suppliers to the industry. It is complementary to the country small wind associations who are best placed to know the local market dynamics.
WWEA Membership for Small Wind Companies
WWEA offers special benefits to companies in the small wind sector, including a especial membership fee.
WWEA Small Wind also follows the WWEA five working principles:
- 1. Wind energy shall serve as one cornerstone and a driving force for the immediate application of a world energy system driven by renewable energies
- 2. Global dissemination of grid-connected and stand-alone wind energy solutions should rely on experience gained from the most successful implementation strategies, based on favourable legal, political and social framework conditions as initiated by national associations. Local and rural communities and people should be involved and should benefit directly.
- 3. WWEA shall stimulate and support the foundation of national and regional wind energy associations and encourage national governments to set ambitious targets and political frameworks for priority strategies in favour of a fast and sustainable development of all renewable energies.
- 4. WWEA organises together with continental, national and regional wind energy associations World Wind Energy Conferences and further international events for mobilising a wide range of the different wind energy applications.
- 5. WWEA plays an active role in the World Council for Renewable Energies and cooperates with further international renewable energy organisations in order to work for a full substitution of all polluting and hazardous waste causing energies.