“NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR SMALL WIND: The Global Shift Towards 100% Renewables”
Husum, Germany, 17-20 March 2016
The World Wind Energy Association (WWEA) and New Energy Husum are pleased to invite all small and medium wind stakeholders to participate in the 7th World Summit for Small Wind (WSSW2016), taking place in Husum/Germany on 17 and 18 March 2016, in parallel with the New Energy Husum Trade Fair 2015 (17- 20 March 2016).
The New Energy Husum trade fair is the leading trade fair for small-scale wind technology. The fair features the grass roots energy transition, and will be focussed on own consumption of renewable energy, alternative mobility with electric vehicles, and energy-efficient and ecological building and renovation.
The main theme of the 7th WSSW is New opportunites for small wind – the global shift towards 100% renewables. The summit is aimed at jointly exploring new markets and potential applications for small wind turbines. Also, to present new innovative business models that could exploit the competitiveness of the technology in developed and developing countries.
Abstracts are invited on issues within the scope of the topic of the summit:
- Market potentials
- Distributed wind power application
- Hybrid systems and energy storage
- Wind power policies and incentive measures
- Microgrids and minigrids powered with wind
- Wind power for islands
- System integration, optimization and grid connection
- Financing, insurance and risk control, etc.
- Development in extreme climate and special conditions
- International cooperation, capacity building, education and training
In addition, abstracts are also invited on:
- Small wind standards and certification schemes
The abstract should be concise and clearly summarize the requirements listed above. They should not exceed 800 words and should contain a list of key words. Please submit electronic copy (in doc format) of your abstract indicating the topic(s) number (not exceeding two A4 pages) by 6 December 2015 to:
Mr Jean-Daniel Pitteloud